Uncompensated Care Reporting Tools
Every private hospital that participates in the waiver must execute an affiliation agreement with the governmental entity that provides the Intergovernmental Transfer (IGT) for any type of payment (transition, Uncompensated Care (UC) or Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP)). Hospitals receiving transition payments already have the necessary affiliation agreements on file. Read more...
Note: Rate Analysis staff can assist you with questions concerning only payment rates for the specified services. They are not able to answer other types of questions, such as the status of payment for services rendered or questions involving eligibility for care services.
Providers may submit questions regarding the UC tools by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding DSRIP should be emailed to TxHealthcareTransformation@hhsc.state.tx.us.
Methodology / Rules
The Hospital Services program rules are located at Title 1 of the Texas Administrative Code, Part 15, Chapter 354, SubChapter A, Division 6.
Reimbursement rules applicable to Hospitals are located at Title 1 of the Texas Administrative Code, Part 15, Chapter 355, SubChapter J, Division 4.
Uncompensated Care (UC)
2012 Uncompensated Care Payment Caps and Intergovernmental Transfer Schedule
Information regarding final UC/Transition Payments for Waiver Year 1 is currently not available, but will be forthcoming. Please continue to check the website.
UC Tools Information
UC TOOL OVERVIEW
The intent of the Texas Medicaid Waiver Tool ("UC Tool") is to provide a simplified way to subsidize the costs incurred by hospitals and physicians for patient care services (as further defined below) provided to Medicaid and Uninsured patients that are not reimbursed through the claims adjudication process or by other supplemental payments. Read more...
- View information regarding the UC Tools
- Access the UC Tool
- Access the DSH and Non-DSH Texas Hospital UC Tool
- View the DSH and Non-DSH Texas Hospital UC Tool Instructions
- Access the Physician UC Tool
- View the Physician UC Tool Instructions (revised 10/08/12)
- View Training Information for the UC Tool
- View the August 7-8, 2012 Regional Healthcare Partnership Planning Summit training
- Access the TXHUC Checklist for completion of UC Tool
- Access the TXPUC Checklist for completion of UC Tool
- View the TX Physician Time Proxy Form
- View the TX Physician Time Proxy Summary (revised 10/17/12)
HHSC is providing clarification for the time study proxy that is required with submission of the hospital UC tool when physician costs are being claimed. Read more...
Contact Rate Analysis
Updated: April 10, 2013