July 30, 2012
CAPPS Replacing Access HR, Will Offer New and Improved Features
Access HR is getting an upgrade and a new name with some new features. The change is expected this fall when Access HR becomes CAPPS, the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System.
The transition is part of Project One ― the Legislature’s requirement to have all Texas agencies using the same accounting, payroll and human resources software.
While many things will stay the same with the current online, self-service human resources, timekeeping and payroll system — time and leave entry is essentially the same, earnings statements are the same, the selection and hiring process is the same — the upgrade will offer several new features and improvements, including:
- Online W-2 access and printing.
- More complete salary and compensation history.
- Limited access for former employees to enter address updates and obtain earnings records.
- More helpful reports for managers.
- New Performance Management module:
- Current and previous performance documents available.
- Employee option to enter his or her own performance notes.
The CAPPS upgrade update page has a presentation about the CAPPS transition highlights (in both PowerPoint and an accessible version) plus frequently asked questions.
Watch for CAPPS news articles in The Connection in coming months.