Texas Medicaid and CHIP
Proposed State Plan Amendment for Therapy Services (PDF) submitted July 1, 2016.
- Attachment 1 (PDF)
- Attachment 1a (PDF)
- Attachment 1b (PDF)
- Attachment 1c (PDF)
- Attachment 1d (PDF)
- Attachment 1e (PDF)
- Attachment 1f (PDF)
- Attachment 1g (PDF)
Public Notice of Intent (PNI) for State Plan Amendments
PNIs at this website address are updated and maintained in accordance with 42 CFR § 447.205(d)(iv). The date reflects the posting date.
- 06/29/2016 PNI - Fee Schedule Update (PDF)
- 07/01/2016 PNI SPA 16-0023 Therapy Rates (PDF) - Effective July 15, 2016
The state plan is the officially recognized document describing the nature and scope of the State of Texas Medicaid program. As required under Section 1902 of the Social Security Act, the plan was developed by the state and approved by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Essentially, the plan is the state's agreement that it will conform to the requirements of the Social Security Act and the official issuances of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Plan changes are submitted by the state to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as state plan amendments (SPAs). Through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), HHS reviews each SPA to determine whether it meets federal requirements and policies. The plan is updated when CMS issues final approval of a SPA.
The plan on this website is for informational purposes only and is not legally binding. The official plan is maintained by CMS Region 6.
Once the plan file is opened, specific sections of the plan are accessible in one of two ways:
- Click on the Bookmark tab to the left of the plan pages to see a detailed index.
- Use the search function to find information within the plan by key words or phrases. Please remember that since the documents are PDF, the search function is not 100 percent accurate in all circumstances.
Approved state plan amendments will be posted as updates are made to the plan.
Persons with disabilities having problems accessing PDF files may email HHSC Medicaid Chip SPA Inquiries for assistance.
This plan is current as of June 15, 2016.
The electronic version of the Texas Medicaid State Plan Attachments (SPA) pages contain new templates from CMS. These new pages superseded (i.e., replaced) full and partial pages that remain part of the State Plan Attachments. To indicate when a plan page contains superseded information, a red translucent overlay has been added. The top left corner of each overlay contains information about the new pages that supersede that section. Moussing over or clicking the comment box will open a dialog box that indicates which new pages supersede the pages or sections contained inside the red translucent box.
- 15-038 (PDF) (ICF/IID Fees) - Effective November 1, 2015
- 15-024 (PDF) (ICF/IID Fees) - Effective September 1, 2015
- 16-0004 (PDF) (PPE Incentives) - Effective May 15, 2015
- 16-0005 (PDF) (MAGI Marriage Eligibility Policy) - Effective April 1, 2016
- 16-0007 (PDF) (Clinical Diagnostic Laboratories Fees) - Effective January 1, 2016
- 16-0008 (PDF) (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment-EPSDT Fees) - Effective January 1, 2016
- 16-0009 (PDF) (Family Planning Fees) - Effective January 1, 2016
- 16-0010 (PDF) (Home Health for Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies-DMEPOS) - Effective January 1, 2016
- 16-0011 (PDF) (Physicians Fees) - Effective January 1, 2016