Center for Elimination of Disproportionality and Disparities
Training and Technical Assistance
The Center for Elimination of Disproportionality and Disparities can provide technical assistance in examining data by race/ethnicity and developing data driven strategies using anti-racist principles and practices that result in improved outcomes for vulnerable populations. The center is available to help with:
- Webinars, conferences and symposiums.
- Facilitating and coordinating training.
- Providing technical assistance and support for conversations on race and institutionalized racism.
- Leadership development.
- Organizational assessments.
To request training and technical assistance for your organization, please complete the Training and Technical Assistance Request Form (PDF).
Disproportionality and Disparities Resource Center
An integral part of the center’s mission is to provide educational and training resources. The HHS Resource Center in Austin provides an on-site resource center for disproportionality and disparities information. The Resource Center has access to electronic disproportionality and disparities information and printed materials on disproportionality, disparities and cultural competency.
The HHS Resource Center is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. It’s located in Suite 1100 in the Brown-Heatly Building, 4900 N. Lamar Boulevard, in Austin. Please call 512-424-6509; toll free 877-316-2822 or email CEDD@hhsc.state.tx.us to schedule a visit.
Available materials include:
- A downloadable bibliography of resources (PDF)
- Educational and informational brochures on disproportionality and disparities affecting the minority population.
- Sample curricula on cultural competency, research articles and materials on health disparities, cultural competency and cultural diversity.
- Videos and DVDs on disproportionality, disparities, and social justice for check out. Titles include:
- “A Girl Like Me”
- “Improving Outcomes for Children in Care”
- “Unnatural Causes—is inequality making us sick”
- “Knowing Who You Are”