Medicaid/CHIP Quality-Based Payment Advisory Committee
The Quality-Based Payment Advisory Committee, created under Senate Bill 7 during the first called session of the 2011 Legislature, advises the Texas Health and Human Services Commission on:
- Establishing Medicaid and CHIP reimbursement systems to reward the provision of high-quality, cost-effective health care, quality performance and quality-of-care outcomes with respect to health care services.
- Developing standards and benchmarks for quality performance, quality-of-care outcomes, efficiency, and accountability by managed care organizations and health care providers and facilities.
- Developing programs and reimbursement policies that encourage high-quality, cost-effective health-care delivery models that increase appropriate provider collaboration, promote wellness and prevention, and improve health outcomes.
- Developing outcome and process measures which can be used to support these endeavors.
The committee includes health-care providers, including obstetrician-gynecologists, pediatricians, internal or family medicine physicians, geriatric medicine physicians, and long-term care services providers. Membership also includes a consumer representative and a member of the Advisory Panel on Health Care-Associated Infections and Preventable Adverse Events.
- Dr. Mary Peterson, Chair – Pediatrician
- Trey Berndt – Consumer representative
- Dr. Jorge Blanco – Obstetrician / gynecologist
- Dr. Glenda Coleman – Geriatric medicine
- Dr. Barry Lachman – Pediatrician
- Susan Mellott – Health Care-Associated Infections and Preventable Adverse Events
- Dr. Tom Parker – Internal medicine / family practice
- Dr. Hanoch Patt – Pediatrician
- Dr. Robert Stephens – Pediatrician
- Dr. John Thoppil – Obstetrician / gynecologist
- Dr. Ronald Walters – Internal medicine / family practice
- Dr. Stephen Whitney – Pediatrician
- Dr. Jonathan Williams – Long term care representative
To Submit a Quality-Based Payment Proposal
Proposals: To submit a Quality-Based Payment Proposal for the committee’s consideration, please send an email to MCD_QBPAC@hhsc.state.tx.us or mail to Quality and Cost Containment Unit, 11209 Metric Blvd., Bldg H, Austin, 78758, TX.
The following information MUST be included in order to be considered:
- Phone and email contact information.
- Affiliation (company and/or professional).
- Succinct description of the proposal (include links or references to literature when available, but do not attach the documents).
Note: Staff can contact you for additional information, if needed.
For more information about the Quality-Based Payment Advisory Committee, contact Matthew Ferrara:
Phone: (512) 491-1806