S.B. 1220 Medicaid and CHIP Border Rates and Expenditures Advisory Committee
The Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Border Rates and Expenditures Advisory Committee advises HHSC on regarding eliminating the disparities between the Texas-Mexico border region and other areas of the state in:
- Medicaid and CHIP capitation rates for services provided to individuals under age 19.
- Medicaid and CHIP fee-for-service per capita expenditures for inpatient and outpatient hospital services provided to individuals under age 19.
- Total professional services expenditures per Medicaid and CHIP enrollee under age 19.
The committee must periodically analyze and compare the rates and expenditures in the Texas-Mexico border region and in other areas of the state and produce a report of its findings. The report must include recommendations to HHSC for addressing the problems created by disparities documented in the report, including recommendations for allocation of funds.
- Irene Armendariz, health plan representative, El Paso
- Dr. Nanni Baker, dentist, El Paso
- Gilbert A. Handal, pediatrician, El Paso — BRAEAC Chair
- Timothy McVey, hospital representative, Mission — Vice Chair
- Lorenzo Olivarez, hospital representative, Edinburg
- T. Herbert Shriver, psychologist, Del Rio
- Jaime Solis, pharmacist, McAllen
- Marcella Van Hoove, hospital representative, El Paso
- David Palmer, HHSC
- Israel Rocha, hospital representative, Edinburg