Council on Children and Families
Background and Purpose
The Texas Council on Children and Families collaborates and leverages resources to help improve the delivery of services to children, youth and their families. The council works to:
- Promote healthy, responsible children and strengthen families.
- Address cross system issues, with an emphasis on disproportionality and disparities.
- Create and explore new opportunities to leverage existing resources by eliminating duplication of services and functions, and integrate the efforts of other similarly missioned state councils and task forces.
- Invite public input and build relationships with communities on issue identification and solution development to improve access and quality of services.
- Create new avenues to better serve the needs of Texans by increasing the opportunities for focused communication and collaboration.
Members and Authorized Designees
Veronda L. Durden
Designee: Kim Wedel
Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
John J. Specia
Designee: Debra Emerson
Department of Family and Protective Services
Designee: Tracy A. Levins
Texas Juvenile Justice Department
Designee: Reagan Miller
Texas Workforce Commission
Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Michael L. Williams
Texas Education Agency
Dr. David Lakey
Designee: Evelyn Delgado
Department of State Health Services
Designee: Patricia Vojack
Health and Human Services Commission
Designee: Corliss Powell
Department of Aging and Disability Services
Leroy Berrones-Soto, Jr.
February 10, 2015
May 5, 2015
August 4, 2015
November 3, 2015
Contact us at CCF@hhsc.state.tx.us or (512) 420-2826.
Updated: June 19, 2014