Medicaid Transformation Waiver
HHSC has received federal approval of a waiver that allows the state to expand Medicaid managed care while preserving hospital funding, provides incentive payments for health care improvements and directs more funding to hospitals that serve large numbers of uninsured patients.
- Documents related to the DY6 DSRIP Participation Template (Summer 2016 Form) have been posted on the Tools and Guidelines for Regional Healthcare Partnership Participants page. (6/27/16)
- The DY6 Program Funding and Mechanics Protocol (PFM) has been approved by CMS. Please see the Waiver Renewal page for more information. (6/24/16)
- HHSC is holding a Webinar on the DY6 DSRIP Participation Template on June 29, 2016 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm Central Daylight Time. Information on joining the webinar has been posted on the Dates and Deadlines page. (6/24/16)
- HHSC and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have agreed to a 15-month extension of the 1115 Waiver. The agreement will take the program through December 2017 and will maintain its current funding. HHSC and CMS will continue negotiating a longer term extension. Please see the Waiver Renewal page for additional information. (5/2/16)
- The Draft 1115 Waiver Annual Report for Demonstration Year 4 (October 2014 - September 2015) has been submitted to CMS. (2/16/16)