Tools and Guidelines for Regional Healthcare Partnership Participants
RHP Level Potentially Preventable Admissions (PPAs) and Readmissions (PPRs) Data for Calendar Year 2012
PPA and PPR Summary Report (PDF) (12/19/14)
RHP Level PPA Data (Excel) (12/19/14)
RHP Level PPR Data (Excel) (12/19/14)
October DY3 Reporting
Please find links below to October DY3 reporting templates and instructions. Documents marked as pending are being finalized and will be posted as soon as they are available.
- October DY3 Reporting Companion Document (PDF) (updated 10/17/14)
- User Guide for the DSRIP Online Reporting System (PDF) (10/1/14)
- DY3-DY5 Reporting Coversheet (PDF) (10/1/14)
- Statewide Learning Collaborative Summit Participation Reporting Template (PDF) (10/14/14)
- Quantifiable Patient Impact (QPI)
- Category 3
- Category 3 Baseline template (XLSM) (10/7/14)
- Category 3 DY2 Status Report Template (XLSX) (10/1/14)
- Category 3 DY3 Status Report Template (XLS) (10/1/14)
- Category 3 Pre-Post Guidance (PDF) (10/1/14)
- Category 3 Risk Adjustment Guidance (PDF) (10/1/14)
- Category 3 Deviation from Standard Achievement Methodology Request Form (XLSX) (10/1/14)
- Category 3 Tool Administration Template (PDF) (10/1/14)
- Category 4
- Historical Reporting Project Payment Summary DY2 - April DY3 (XLSM) (10/10/14)
Anchor Administrative Cost Claiming
The documents linked to below will assist with claiming of Anchor administrative costs.
- Attachment A: Cost Principles for Expenses (PDF) (10/10/14)
- Percent of Effort Spreadsheet (XLSX) (10/10/14)
- Anchor Administrative Cost Claiming Overview Presentation (PDF) (10/10/14)
- Anchor Administrative Cost Template (XLSX) (11/24/14)
Change Requests (Plan Modification and Technical Change Requests)
HHSC has completed its initial review of change requests and has revised the milestones/metrics workbooks to reflect preliminary determinations, as appropriate. See below for the link to the revised milestones/metrics workbooks for 3 and 4-year projects.
Please find links to Change Request (Plan Modification and Technical Change Request) instructions and documents below.
If you have difficulty downloading these files, particularly those in newer versions of Excel (such as those labeled XLSM), please try using a browser other than Internet Explorer.
- Change Request Companion Document (PDF) (updated 7/16/14; new/revised language in document is highlighted in yellow)
- Change Request Form (XLSM) (updated 7/29/14 to fix bug)
- Most Recent Project Narratives
- Master Summary Workbooks/ Most Recent Milestones and Metrics for 4-Year Projects (7/9/14)
- All Regions 3-Year Projects Workbook (XLSM, 6MB) (7/9/14)
- Category 1 Menu (PDF) (same as menu for 3-year projects)
- Category 2 Menu (PDF) (same as menu for 3-year projects)
- Change Request Webinar Presentation (PDF) (7/9/14)
- Summary of QPI Metrics & Medicaid/Low-Income Uninsured Percentages (XLS) (7/11/14)
Updated DSRIP Protocols
The document below contains the following updated items approved by CMS: 1115 Waiver Standard Terms & Conditions, Program Funding and Mechanics Protocol, RHP Planning Protocol and Anchor Administrative Claiming Protocol.
The documents below relate to Category 3 and will enable providers to complete the Category 3 Selection Template. Please note that the previously-posted "Texas Category 3" Excel file has been removed along with the Emergency Department Measures Specifications; all of the necessary Cat 3 information can be found in the Compendium of Category 3 Measures.
- Category 3 Companion Document (PDF)(2/27/14)
- Category 3 Provider Selection Template (XLSM) (2/25/14)
- Key Points about Category 3 Framework (PDF) (2/25/14)
- Category 3 Framework (PDF) (2/5/14)
- Category 3 Measures List (XLS) (updated 10/2/14)
- Compendium of Category 3 Measures (updated 10/2/14)
- Draft TX Improvement Target Methodology (PDF) (1/8/14)
- Proposed Stretch Activities (PDF) (2/14/14)
- Population-Focused Priority Measures (XLS) (2/14/14)
- Risk Adjustment Overview for PPE Cat 3 Measures (PDF)
- Description of Risk Adjustment for Category 3 (PDF)(9/25/14)
- Normative Data for Risk Adjustment Rates (XLSX)(9/25/14)
New 3-Year DSRIP Projects
Please find links below to the template and guidance for new 3-year DSRIP Projects. Links are included to the revised Category 1 and Category 2 sections of the RHP Planning Protocol to be used for 3-year projects. HHSC has removed project areas 2.4, 2.5, and 2.8, and project area 1.10 is limited to learning collaborative projects for the 3-year projects. The revised menu also clarifies and cleans up project metrics and designates the Quantifiable Patient Impact (QPI) metric(s) to be used for each project area. Category 3 will be revised at a later date and DSRIP providers should continue to follow the original RHP Planning Protocol for 4-year projects.
- HHSC Feedback for 3-Year Projects
- RHP Plan Template for 3-Year Projects (DOC) (posted 11/20/13)
- Introduction to 3-Year RHP Planning Protocol (PDF) (posted 1/9/14)
- Category 1 Menu for 3-Year Projects (PDF) (posted 1/9/14)
- Category 2 Menu for 3-Year Projects (PDF) (posted 1/9/14)
- Combined Prioritized List for 3-Year Projects (XLS) (posted 11/20/13)
- New 3-Year Projects Workbook (.zip) (posted 12/16/13)
- New 3-Year Projects Workbook Template Instructions (PDF) (posted 11/20/13)
- 3-Year Projects Webinar Presentation (PDF) (posted 11/20/13)
Phase 4 Regional Folders and Documents:
Please find links below to Phase 4 documents and instructions for review by Regional Healthcare Partnership (RHP) participants.
- Final Phase 4 Master Summary Files (updated 5/1/14)
- Phase 4 Companion Document (PDF) (update 11/8/13)
- Core Components List (XLS) (updated 11/8/13)
- Plan Modification Form (PDF) (posted 11/18/13)
- Phase 4 Webinar Presentation (PDF) (posted 11/6/13)
- Cat 1 & 2 Project Milestones and Metrics spreadsheet (XLS) (posted 11/8/13)
Guidance to Regional Healthcare Partnerships (RHPs):
- Category 4 Guidance (PDF) (posted 10/3/2014)
- Phase II - FAQs for Completing the Quantifiable Patient Impact Spreadsheets: These QPI FAQs (PDF) (posted 7/15/13) should help answer frequently asked questions about filling out the QPI spreadsheets. Please also remember to read the instructions included in the QPI workbook carefully.
- Phase II – List of Recommended QPI Metrics by Project Option: HHSC is providing a list of recommended Quantifiable Patient Impact (QPI) metrics (PDF) (posted 7/8/2013) to help guide completion of the QPI spreadsheet in Phase II and future RHP Plan submissions.
- Summary data for CMS Initial Review Findings: HHSC is providing a list of the initial CMS review (PDF) findings(updated 6/14/2013) for all projects. This document is subject to change as performing providers respond to review guidance.
- Contact Information Change Form (PDF)(updated 9/26/14)
- Intergovernmental Transfer (IGT) Entity Change Form (XLSX) (updated 4/7/14)
Regional Healthcare Partnership (RHP) Planning Protocol
CMS has granted final approval (PDF) of this Regional Healthcare Partnership (RHP) Planning Protocol document (PDF). This document was updated Oct. 1, 2012, to include minor technical corrections (PDF). The protocol provides the menu of project options approved by HHSC and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that contribute to delivery transformation and quality improvement. The only projects eligible for payments from the DSRIP pool are those contained in this menu that are implemented as outlined in an RHP Plan approved by HHSC and CMS, with corresponding measures, milestones and performance improvement targets. The links below open individual sections of the approved protocol and include the Oct. 1, 2012 technical corrections.
- Introduction – RHP Planning Protocol (PDF) (posted 10/01/2012)
- Category 1 – RHP Planning Protocol (PDF) (posted 10/01/2012)
- Category 2 – RHP Planning Protocol (PDF) (posted 10/01/2012)
- Category 3 – RHP Planning Protocol (PDF) (posted 10/01/2012)
- Category 4 – RHP Planning Protocol (PDF) (posted 10/01/2012)
- Appendix – RHP Planning Protocol (PDF) (posted 10/01/2012)
CMS has provided a list of Category 3 Outcomes that will be acceptable for Workforce Projects (posted 11/2/2012).
- Pass 1 Hospital Allocations (XLS) (updated 10/12/2012)
- DSRIP Funding by CMHC (PDF)
- List of Affiliation Numbers (XLS) (posted 10/5/2012)
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) provides the following information that may be useful to Performing Providers when selecting measures for waiver projects:
Tutorial on Quality Measures details the attributes of desirable quality measures, discusses validity of measures, and provides guidance on selecting, applying and interpreting quality measures.
Quality and Patient Safety provides links to a variety of tools and toolkits.
National Quality Measures Clearinghouse (NQMC) includes links to the HHS Measures Inventory (a repository of measures currently being used by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services) and a database of National Quality Forum (NQF) Endorsed Measures.
Regional Healthcare Partnership (RHP) Plan Template:
- Final RHP Plan Template (DOC) (updated 10/12/2012)
- RHP Plan Template Companion Document (PDF) (updated 10/25/2012)
- RHP Plan Anchor Checklist (DOC) (posted 10/10/2012)
- Sample Project (PDF) (posted 10/15/2012) – Provides a sample Category 2 project with related Category 3 outcomes
Uncompensated Care Tool:
Please visit the Rate Analysis for Hospital Services website for information regarding the Uncompensated Care Reporting Tools and Transition Payments.
Regional Healthcare Partnership Information:
- List of RHP Websites (PDF) (posted 1/18/2013)
- Regional Healthcare Partnership Governance Overview (PDF)
- Regional Healthcare Partnership Principles (PDF) (posted 4/2/2012)
- Anchor List (PDF) (updated 6/10/14)
- Regional Healthcare Partnership Map (PDF) - (updated 8/7/2012)
Other Planning Tools:
Each regional healthcare partnership must submit a plan to HHSC. The following documents are intended to help with the planning process.
- Community Data and Resources for Assessment of Needs (DOC) (posted 3/2012)
- HITECH Funding Available to Hospitals (DOC) (posted 4/2012)
- Emergency and Outpatient Utilization Data for Texas Acute Care Hospitals by County, 2010 (PDF) (posted 1/2012)
- Exempt Small and Rural Hospitals (PDF)
- Major Safety Net Hospitals by Regional Healthcare Partnership (PDF) (updated 10/12/2012)
- Links to public and private affiliation forms (posted 10/23/2012):
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (updated 10/25/2012)
- Resources for Workforce-Related Projects: Alliance for Health Reform Toolkits (posted 11/06/2012)
Other HHSC Guidelines:
- Guidelines for Intergovernmental Transfers (PDF)
- DSRIP Funding and Reporting Flow (PDF) (posted 4/2/2012)
- TEXNET Instructions (DOC)